PSG College of Technology, an ISO 9001:2000 certified institution is one of the foremost institutions founded by the PSG & Sons' Charities Trust (1926). The College was established in the year 1951 and the Founders wisely decided to locate it in the same campus as the PSG Industrial Institute for effective industry-institute interaction.
The PSG College of Technology is situated at about 8 km from Coimbatore Railway Station and 5 km from Airport. The campus is spread over 45 acres of land, economically utilized for the College, Hostels, Staff Quarters, Play Fields and Gardens.
PSG College of Technology, under the guidance of illustrious Managing Trustees Sri G R Govindarajulu, Dr G R Damodaran, Sri G Varadaraj, Sri G R Karthikeyan, Sri V. Rajan, Sri G.Rangaswamy and presently under Sri L Gopalakrishnan, all with foresight and far reaching vision, has been in the forefront of innovation in technical education. The founder Principal Dr G R Damodaran was instrumental in the planned growth of the institution from the humble beginnings in 1951 to the present status of a world-renowned technological institution. Dr G R Damodaran was succeeded by Dr R Subbayyan, Dr K Venkataraman, Dr A Shanmugasundaram, Dr S Subramanyan, Dr P Radhakrishnan and Dr S Vijayarangan as Principal's. Presently Dr R Rudramoorthy is Principal.
The College today has a student strength of about 8518 with 15 engineering and technology departments besides the computer applications, management sciences, basic sciences and humanities departments. Among the various Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate programmes offered by the college, as many as 18 programmes were accredited in the year 1997 itself by the National Board of Accreditation of AICTE. The departments are greatly benefited by the expertise of more than 15 visiting faculty from renowned institutions and industries. Each department conducts annually at least one National / International Conference / Seminar / Worksh